As it's Halloween this weekend, we thought it only right to make our Sensory activities green, slimey and a little bit spooky… but all baby safe of course!
Spooky Discovery Bags
First up, remember those discovery bags we taught you to make a few weeks back? Well now's the time to make them again!
What you'll need:
- Laminating pockets (or freezer bags)
- A bottle of clear hair gel (unless you can find some that's already coloured green, orange or purple?)
- Food colouring
- Strong tape
- Rubber spiders, worms, eyeballs - basically small Halloween themed bits that you can pick up at a low cost
- Fill your laminating pocket with the dyed hair gel
- Add your spooky fillings
- Perhaps throw in some glitter just because you can never have enough sparkle!
- Use heat (iron) to seal the bag closed and then tape the sides to ensure they're extra secure
- Give them to your little ones to explore!
Spider/worm ice cubes!
What you'll need:
- An ice tray
- Novelty spiders or worms (or both)
- Put your novelty items in your ice tray and fill up with water
- Leave to set overnight
- Give them to your little ones to feel in a bowl and watch their amazement as the ice melts and the spiders and worms escape!
Creepy, crawly sensory bowl
We can't take credit for this idea, but we love it and wanted to share it with you! Check out these Halloween sensory bowls for babies! Full of fun things for little ones to explore. Thanks for the inspiration Plain Vanilla Mum!
Last but not least, why not just let your little one help you with your pumpkins this year? If you start by taking the top off and then putting the pumpkin in a place where it can cause the least amount of mess (Is there even a place?!), you can let the little ones have lots of fun pulling the middle out. Not only will they enjoy the gooey sensation, but they'll also do a job that you'd otherwise have to do! WIN WIN!
Our Halloween Giveaway Winner!
In case you missed it, we picked the winner of our Blade & Rose pumpkin legging giveaway. It was a difficult choice because babies in fancy dress are just SO DARN CUTE but we couldn't resist this hungry little caterpillar… Congratulations Amy Slaney! We can't wait to see a pic of your little one rocking the leggings!
If you're still keen to get some Blade & Rose leggings for Halloween, you can get them here:
Come back and see us soon!